Save the Date: ALERT Technology Showcase and ADSA22
ALERT is pleased to announce the upcoming dates for the following two exciting events at Northeastern University in Boston, MA:
- The second ALERT Technology Showcase on May 5th, 2020
- The 22nd workshop for Advanced Development for Security Applications (ADSA22) on May 6-7th, 2020
ALERT Technology Showcase, May 5, 2020
This year’s Showcase will feature presentations and demonstrations of ALERT research results and tools from select ALERT projects and select industry members. Attendees will also be able to interact with individual project researchers, students, and collaborators to learn more about their research throughout the day.
You can find out more about our Technology Showcase from last year’s event here: https://alert.northeastern.edu/event/technology-showcase/.
ADSA22 Workshop, May 6-7, 2020
ADSA22 will address the topic of “Reducing the Cognitive Load of Operators of Aviation Security Equipment.” Specific topics that will be addressed include:
- Automating operator functions, reducing vigilance decrement of operators and TIP
- Increasing positive predictive value of automated threat recognition (ATR) algorithms
- Creation and validation of synthetic images and simulants for training and testing
- Target shifting and insider threats
- Adaptability of machine learning algorithms
- Technology readiness level (TRL) of third-party developments
- Terrorist Be Gone: How do we get rid of terrorists? How do we allow passengers to just walk onto the plane?
- Cybersecurity – prevention and mitigation and ethical issues with image retention and biased scanning
- Emerging technologies
More information on ADSA22 can be found here: https://alert.northeastern.edu/transitioning-technology/adsa22/
If you have any questions on the ALERT Technology Showcase or ADSA22 or would like to request that invitations be extended to others in your organization, please contact Tiffany Lam, Northeastern University, [email protected]