Next Generation Screening Technologies and Processes for the Checkpoint
The Fifteenth Advanced Development for Security Applications Workshop (ADSA15) was held on November 15 – 16, 2016 at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. The title of the workshop is, “Next Generation Screening Technologies and Processes for the Checkpoint.” This workshop was a continuation of ADSA12, ADSA13 and ADSA14.
The ADSA workshops are convened by the DHS Center of Excellence (COE) for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT). These workshops are by invitation only.
Date and Time: The ADSA15 was held on Tuesday, November 15th, from 8:30am – 6:00pm, and Wednesday, November 16th, from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Check-in and breakfast started at 7:30 AM on both days.
Location: 17th Floor Event Space, East Village, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (Street Address: (291 Saint Botolph Street, Boston, MA 02115).
Map: East Village is #82 on the Northeastern Campus Map.
Participants: By invitation only. Registration fees apply.
Agenda: Please find the latest agenda (updated 11.8.16)
Topics to be Addressed:
- Emerging hardware and algorithms
- Concepts of operations
- Protecting soft targets
- Data analytics – application to aviation security
- System architectures
- Business aspects of fusion
- Funding, innovation and deployment models
The final reports for all previous ADSA workshops can be found at: https://alert.northeastern.edu/transitioning-technology/adsa/final-reports-and-presentations/.
Parking and Other Transportation
- MBTA Green Line/Heath Street Stop: “Northeastern University.”
- MBTA Orange Line Stop: “Ruggles Station.”
Northeastern University Parking
- Closest NU Garage: Gainsborough Parking Garage (#45 on the campus map), located at 10 Gainsborough Street, Boston.
- Additional NU Parking: Renaissance Parking Garage (#62 on the campus map), located at 835 Columbus Avenue, Boston.
Campus Map: https://www.northeastern.edu/campusmap/printable/campusmap15.pdf.
Parking will be validated – please remember to bring your garage ticket with you to the workshop.
Each attendee will be prompted for secure payment prior to the completion of their registration. Fee rates are based on attendee affiliation:
- Government Agency, National Labs and Academia: $100 per person.
- Industry (Mid-Large Business): $500 per person.
- Industry (Small Business*): $250 per person.
- ALERT University Partners, ADSA14 Speakers, and ALERT/Gordon-CenSSIS Industry Members are exempt from registration fees.
*Small businesses are defined as having fewer than 500 employees.
Registration will close on November 1, 2016 or once capacity has been reached.
Reimbursements – *Available for Academic Speakers Only*
Please see reimbursement guidelines (click here) for instructions, cost limitations, and other information. In order to submit your expenses, you must complete the expense reimbursement form and submit a signed copy along with all original receipts within 10 days of the completion of your trip.
Innovation Fast Track
EXCLUSIVE TO CENTER MEMBERS: Log in to explore your Innovation Fast Track, an online portal that gives you one-stop access to center researchers, funding opportunities, exclusive events and more.Learn More
Students, get connected with Industry Partners, find out about research and volunteer opportunities within ALERT, or get advice on how to best showcase your work at Student Central.Learn More
ALERT is led by Northeastern University (NEU) and includes three key academic strategic partners: Boston University, Purdue University, and University of Rhode Island (URI).Learn More