Command Center Enhancements Workshop: Los Angeles and Long Beach Seaports
A workshop is being held to understand the needs for enhanced technologies and processes for the command center at the Los Angeles and Long Beach Seaports (LALB). Technology developers will also present possible enhanced technologies. The workshop will take place in Long Beach, California, during July 12-13, 2022. The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
- To learn about CBP’s vision for enhancements to their command center at LALB.
- To learn about how new sensors can be interfaced to the command center, new algorithms hosted and how new concepts of operation can be implemented.
- To hear about emerging technologies that could eventually be applied to the command center.
The objectives will be achieved using the following events during the workshop.
- July 12th: Presentations from DHS S&T, CBP headquarters, LALB personnel and technology providers. An agenda for this presentations is forthcoming.
- July 13th: Tours of the Long Beach Seaport and working groups to discuss technical requirements for interfacing with the command center.
There will also be small-group sessions to discuss the technical and managerial aspects of interfacing the LALB’s command center. Please let the organizers know if you want to attend those sessions.
Speaker Bios: TBA
Venue: Courtyard by Marriott Long Beach Downtown, 500 East First St., Long Beach, CA 90802
Food and Drink: Food and Drink Recommendations
Please see the list of hotels nearby below:
Hilton Long Beach
701 West Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90831
Renaissance Long Beach Hotel
111 East Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
The Westin Long Beach
333 East Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Courtyard by Marriott Long Beach Downtown
500 East First St., Long Beach, CA 90802
Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach
285 Bay St., Long Beach, CA 90802
The workshop is convened by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Emeritus Center of Excellence (COE) for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT) at Northeastern University in conjunction with the DHS Science and Technology Directorate and CBP at Los Angeles and Long Beach.
Please note that participation in the workshop is by invitation only. If you have any comments on the workshop, would like to present at the workshop, or believe additional people should be invited to register, please contact the following people, who are organizing the workshop:
- Victor Todorov, Chief, Customs and Border Protection, Los Angeles/Long Beach Seaport, [email protected]
- David Taylor, CBP Portfolio Manager, Science and Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security, [email protected]
- Emel Bulat, Sr. Consultant for Corporate & Government Partnerships, Northeastern University, [email protected]
Innovation Fast Track
EXCLUSIVE TO CENTER MEMBERS: Log in to explore your Innovation Fast Track, an online portal that gives you one-stop access to center researchers, funding opportunities, exclusive events and more.Learn More
Students, get connected with Industry Partners, find out about research and volunteer opportunities within ALERT, or get advice on how to best showcase your work at Student Central.Learn More
ALERT is led by Northeastern University (NEU) and includes three key academic strategic partners: Boston University, Purdue University, and University of Rhode Island (URI).Learn More